So I signed up for a few classes at my local Joann's store. They were offering half off the price of classes so I figured now is as good a time as any to give it a try. While I know the basics of knitting and sewing, I thought it might do me good to know how to do it the right way rather than the "Kim" way. I am taking an intro to sewing class. I took Home Ec in junior high but I've long since forgotten how to read a pattern and change the settings on my sewing machine. I can sew a straight stitch and that's about it. At least until the day I decided to play around with the settings on my machine. Now my machine only does zigzag stitches. Doh! I am also taking two knitting classes- An intro to knitting and a sock knitting class. Again, I know how to do the basics but I never bothered myself with learning how to pick up stitches and make repairs. If I mess up I rip it out and start all over again, which is not always the most efficient thing to do, especially when I am 90% finished with a project. Plus for the life of me, I cannot teach myself how to knit socks. I look at the patterns and the stitches all seem foreign. And no matter how many youtube videos I watch I can't figure out how to do magic loop knitting. And there's always the added bonus of getting out and having adult conversations with other adults. ;-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment