S turns 5 in less than a month so we're in full birthday party planning mode over here. Sophia picked the theme in September- They Might Be Giants! I am limiting it to Here Come The ABC's and 123's. Her Aunt Heather and Uncle Nathan(This is the brother of my brother Tommy's wife) went to see TMBG in Indy and brought her back a t-shirt which has quickly become her favorite piece of clothing.
We are pulling the colors of the party from the colors on her shirt. I bought a "5" cake pan this week and will be getting the invitations out next week. I'm still working on the graphics for that but will post it when I figure it out. For games we will play "Pin the tail on the Q" and dance party and will probably do some sort of easy craft. Tommy and Nathan were going to do a mini concert but we found out that won't be allowed in the room I am renting at the CIL Senior Center at the Kettering Rec Center. She was pretty upset until she learned that we can play the CDs instead. For food we are going with food that starts with the letters of her name-
S- S shaped cake to go with the 5 cake
O- Orange juice boxes
P- Pizza with
H- Ham
I- Ice cream
A- Apple slices
For favors I'm sending each kid home with "S" and "5" iced cookies. I'm not big on sending kids home with a bunch of candy and crappy little toys. Decorations will be easy- I'm going to print out a bunch of numbers and letters on card stock with different prints and colors and have them all over the room. I swore I'd never do another large party again but she has asked to invite all 10 kids in her class and I don't have to worry about cleaning my house before and after the party so that helps.
Happy Birthday!
15 years ago








0 comments:
Post a Comment